Dear colleagues in the VREF Community,
Welcome to join the launch of our new International Research Program within our Informal and Shared Mobility in Low- and Middle Income Countries Program (ISM). The launch takes place 12 December and is an opportunity for you to meet the researchers, hear about their plans for the coming years and – and get connected to future initiatives and activities!
In October 2023 VREF announced the winning research consortium for a three-year International Research Program (IRP); you can read more about the Call and the announcement here. The consortium includes research teams in nine countries and is led by the Columbia University Climate School’s Center for Sustainable Urban Development , (USA).
With this launch we want to give you an opportunity to meet the international researchers in the consortium and get an overview of their planned work, including innovative Living Labs in seven countries!
Joining this launch is also a great way for you to let us at VREF know that you are interested in ISM research – and it will give you the opportunity to join future activities for VREF’s community on informal and shared mobility. Welcome!
DATE: 12 DECEMBER
TIME: 14.00 UTC
Welcome and Introduction
Henrik Nolmark, VREF Director
Holger Dalkman, VREF Strategic Advisor ISM
Overview and Agenda of the IRP
Moderator Jacqueline Klopp, Columbia University Climate School’s Center for Sustainable Urban Development
7 Living Labs – Lightning talks
- Accra/Kumasi – Ransford Acheampong(Manchester Urban Institute)
- Bangkok –Saksith Chalermpong (Chulalongkorn University Transportation Institute)
- Beijing – Su Song (World Resources Institute)
- Bogota – Luis Guzman(Engineering Dept, University of Los Andes)
- Cape Town – Roger Behrens (Center for Transport Studies, University of Cape Town)
- Mumbai – Aneerudha Paul (SPARC and Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute for Architecture and Environmental Studies)
- San Jose (Costa Rica) – Arturo Steinvorth Álvarez Centro Para la Sostenabildad Urbana
Reflections and the role of networks in transformation – Andrea San Gil, Global Network on Popular Transport (a program of the Shared Use Mobility Center)
Led by Jacqueline Klopp, Columbia University Climate School’s Center for Sustainable Urban Development
Next steps and how to stay involved
Complementary and future activities in the VREF ISM Program – Henrik Nolmark and Holger Dalkman.